Happy Valentine's Day!
I've been saying that for dont know how many times today. This year's Vday feels a little different, maybe because it falls on a weekend. Or maybe because Im not in school and there's no exchanging of chocolates and gifts like what we used to do. But nonetheless I think spending Vday in church today was quite sweet, with the relationship message and the renewing of marriage vows for married couples.
Pastor Kong talked about the 2nd and 3rd needs of men and women today. The 2nd need of women is: Conversation. Women are people who place alot of importance on communication, and when things happen, we really need to talk it out. I guess to both men and women, when someone is willing to listen to us and give us undivided attention during a conversation, we know that they really care. Hmm well, it applies to me that communication is very important, and that I would rather talk things out rather than hide behind the shadows of a problem. But I dont think I am a person that really likes to talk alot, because a lot of times I prefer listening. Most of the time I only talk about my own problems because I really would like to share, or because I feel that I need to talk.
2nd need of men: Recreational Companionship. That means men needs women to be their playmate, their best friends that they can really have fun with and spend time doing things that he likes. Is it true? I dont know because Im not a man, haha. But I was quite surprised that this is actually the 2nd most important need. Maybe you guys can tell me haha.
3rd need of women: Honesty and Openness. And I have to say YES to this. I think most, or all women hates it when men hides things from them. God has created women to become men's helpers, which is why we always want to know every detail of whats going on, because we want to go through things together. I guess if my future husband hides things from me in the future, I will feel very frustrated and disappointed because it makes me feel that even though Im his wife, to him, Im not even close enough to him to know his everything. So guys, please be honest with the girl and share things with her. Pastor Kong said something which I felt was very true. Dont hide things because you think you are trying to protect her because you think she cant take the truth, but she's stronger than you think. Hiding might even make the problem even bigger. Your honesty and openness towards us makes us feel more secure, and let us know you that we can really trust in you totally (:
3th need of men: Attractive spouse. I didnt expect this as well because I thought such physical appearances stuff would have already been included in men's first need. Okay, but actually nothing surprising. WE ALL KNOW that guys are always those that judge people, girls especially, by their looks. (Im so sorry but its true.) Thats why there are situations where by guys will go and ask girls that they do not know for their hp number. Although I dont really like this kind of feeling, and I usually have bad impressions of such guys, I guess it really cant be helped because guys are just, like that. And that really puts alot of pressure on women, haha.
Okay 4th and 5th needs will be continued next week, yay. I really enjoyed the messages these few weeks cos they really make me laugh.
I've been feeling very tired these days and my eyes are getting smaller. I should try to sleep 'earlier' today and have some good rest this weekend. Cos Ive got a feeling I'll be having lots of work to do next week.
I need to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.